Friday, August 26, 2011

Lindsey (Rosenlof) Christiansen

I read everyone’s bios and the great things they’ve been doing, and I can’t help but reflect on not only the good things I’ve done in the past ten years, but the also very stupid things I’ve done as well. I would like to share a little bit of both. After graduation, I moved to SUU in Cedar City with, Carrie Prisbrey. Probably some of the most fun I’ve ever had, and not much schooling. After dating many questionable characters, including a guy who painted his fingernails black and a polygamist, I somehow stumbled upon my amazing husband, Jesse, who was a small town boy from Blanding, Utah and fresh off his mission. It takes a pretty amazing guy to really get to know me and still luff me! Not long after we began dating, and while I was 19, Jesse asked Big Bad Bruce (my dad) if he could marry me, to which my kind and loving father replied, “She’s got a lot of growing up to do, but if you think that’s what to do then sure.” After being married six itty bitty months, I discovered I was pregnant with our little girl, Bentley Ray. She is very private, has a dark little sense of humor, and is amazingly smart. She keeps us on our toes, we can’t keep anything from her. After having her, Jess and I moved to Sandy, where we have been ever since. He started a mortgage company that did really well until it didn’t. While we had fun with it while it lasted, we did our small part contributing the mortgage crises while we purchased homes and flipped them (My husband won’t let me put that unless I specify that we did nothing illegal and he is a professional who I can’t be writing stuff like this on the internet about…). In 2008, we had out little boy, Bauer who was born at a whopping 10 pounds and has been big in personality ever since. He is always happy, always laughing and always kind. He is one of the funniest little guys I know. I am a stay at home mom while Jesse has since started his own alarm company has me so proud of with him and his success with that. On top of staying at home, I spend my free time doing anything creative. I love photography, I spend a lot of time decorating and redecorating my home-I’ve gotten into the furniture trend, I garage sale every Saturday, I paint, and find that I am just a typical dorky mom, you can see some of the stuff I’m up to at www.cheekyandtrig.blogspot.com I started taking voice lessons, because it’s something that I’ve always wanted to do. On top of the things mentioned, my most focused endeavor is working on writing my first novel which is something I really love. Hopefully you’ll see me published soon! We are fortunate to have a great neighborhood, great families that we still see every Sunday afternoon, a roof over our heads and healthy kids. I seem to be the only one who feels high school was definitely ten years ago but I am very grateful to have filled those ten years with not only lessons learned, but a beautiful family, great friends and only better things to come!