Friday, August 26, 2011

Olivia and Ana Blackham

Well life after Cottonwood: The Adventure begins; I really can’t believe it’s been 10 years too crazy! Well for me Olivia I have loved life more than ever. After graduation, I jumped into summer semester at SLCC, and graduated with an associated of arts in fashion merchandizing, but while doing that I also decide to go to cosmetology school, and between those times I had some fun events come my way. I got to dance in the opening and closing ceremonies in the 2002 Winter Olympics games. As well in 2006 I tried out to be on a show that’s extremely popular called “So you think you can dance” well I made it all way to Vegas there was about 2000 people that tried out from salt lake and they only took the top 100 but showed the top 25 on TV; It was amazing experience for me. Soon after I got to be a dance teacher for West Valley Dance Center I taught there for 3 years, one of the dance teachers introduces me to a wonderful guy, who actually played football at the University of Utah, we were together for 7½ years, and closed the doors to the relationship in 2007. But these pass years I have became a lover in humanitarian projects, I started a non-profit organization called “Because He First Loved Us.” We focus on helping African refugee’s children ages k-12 helping them get through school these kids have become my passion for life. Many of my friends that do alot of humanitarian projects have a career path in the medical field and I have such a great passion to help other especially in third world countries, so with much deliberating and wanting to do a career move. I went back to school and got my MA I just graduated in May 2011. I now work at the University of Utah hospital and hope to be a traveling nurse one day. I only work a few days a week at the hospital and on the other days I work as a fashion stylist and hair make-up artist for Aveda and have my kids on the off days. But during my time at school I got very involved with college life, I became involved with LDSSA sorority at the University of Utah, and my social life was way exciting, I loved it. But now I feel like I need to focus more on my career for now, and my many talents and passions that I have but loving life while doing it.


Ana is married with the sweetest little family, Ana met her husband Adrian Allen at a social event, after dating for a year, she married her best friend in 2004 they now live in Holladay Utah; with their two cute little boys named Aiden who is 4 years old and Amare who is 3 months old. Ana has always had a great heart for teaching, Ana works with autism children at the Carmen Pingree of Autism School, she been there for the last 3 years and she loves working with children. As well before that she’s been working with disability adults and much enjoys helping others. She also planning on getting her CNA, once Aiden starts kindergarten, Ana and Adrian are very family orientated, and love doing family things. Ana loves being a wife and a mother and living life to the fullest. And to say the least she still hangs out with all her high school friends.