Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cynthia Stults

After graduating Cottonwood, I attended the University of Utah on a Presidential Scholarship and studied Vocal Performance, graduating with my Bachelors of Music in 2005. Having decided that opera was not the career for me, I immediately moved to Los Angeles and studied musical theater at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy finishing the program in 2007. I’ve been a California girl ever since. I work as a stage actress and have been super blessed to play some of my “dream roles” (most recently learning the lead in The King and I in just two weeks), but when the pay isn’t quite up to par, I supplement the income primarily through teaching music and dance to kids and adults, working behind the front desk at my ballet studio, and vocal directing musicals for a local community college. I recently started work as an entertainer for children’s parties of wealthy “Los Angelinos” and surrounding areas. Ask me at the reunion for my list of celebrity meetings/sightings- there are some fun ones.

While still in school and in between shows, I started competitive social dancing and have competed on the West Coast Swing, and Country Western Ballroom circuits (okay you can stop snickering now), competing twice at the World Championships of Country Dance. I’m also a gym nut, a cooking/baking buff (turning my apartment kitchen into a disaster area from time to time), and a Disneyland addict. Still unmarried and childless, but having fun with dating and other crazy adventures.