Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gary Brimley

After graduating high school, I went to Utah State University to pursue a degree in Biological Engineering. After one year there, I served a two-year LDS mission in Monterrey, Mexico. I returned to USU to finish my degree, graduating in December, 2007. I went to work as a Scientist out at Dugway Proving Grounds, which was too long of a commute for me, and I only lasted there 8 months. Ever since then I've been an Engineer for the Utah Division of Water Rights, where I get to manage the records of all wells, springs, and streams in Tooele, Weber, Davis, Morgan, and Summit counties. Sometimes I get to go out and see new homes, farms, and local water works, but it is mostly a desk job. I'm currently working on a Master's degree in Civil Engineering, with emphasis on water resources, and hope to eventually make a smooth transition from the public to the private sector. Anyone wanting to start a farm, moving to rural utah, or needing other help with water rights, give me a holler!