Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chelsea Dye and Spencer Woolley

After leaving Cottonwood, I attended Westminster College where I received a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting in three years thanks to those wonderful CC classes. I then began a Masters of Accountancy program at the University of Utah. With one semester remaining on my masters, I packed my bags and moved to Provo to attend BYU Law School.

During my second year of law school, I was in Salt Lake having lunch with a friend when I ran into an old classmate from the Class of 2001. It was none other than Mr. Spencer Woolley. We began dating two months later. We continued to date during that summer and were engaged by the time I returned to BYU for my last year of law school. During my final semester, I commuted to Provo for the law school classes while also completing the master’s program at the U. The spring of 2008 brought graduation from the MAcc program and the JD program as well as marriage to my dear husband. Our first summer of marriage was consumed with studying for the Bar exam.

Since then, I have worked as an attorney doing contract work for small firms. I have also returned to my Alma Mater, Westminster College, to teach in the accounting department. I now teach two classes every semester.

Spencer also attended Westminster College after graduation. He spent a year studying history before adventuring to the great state of Alabama for a two year church mission. He returned to Westminster, studying history and anthropology, as well as Latin and Greek at the U. He spent the first year of our marriage finishing his degree at Westminster.

Spencer is now a graduate student at the University of Utah, pursuing a master’s in World History. After his current program, he would like to get a PhD in ancient history. He is also working at 1-800-Contacts and thankfully, loving every minute of it.

In the spring of this year, we found out that we are expecting our first little one. It’s a BOY!!! He is expected to join us in early December.

Spencer and I both have fond memories of our time at Cottonwood and are looking forward to the reunion.