Friday, August 19, 2011

Emmalee (Nelson) Thompson

After graduation I jumped straight into my college education. I finished my prerequisites for nursing at SLCC over that summer and moved to Ogden to attend Weber State University. I bleed purple!! I graduated with my RN in 2003 (after much of my own medical drama including a horrific tonsillectomy and back surgery to correct spinal stenosis aggravated by my brief athletic attempts at track and field at good 'ol Cottonwood). I rewarded myself by buying my dream car, a beautiful Durango that I still love, and lasik. I decided to finish using up the awesome 4 year full ride scholarship by getting a bachelors in Family Studies in 2006. Along the way I discovered a passion for teaching and pathophysiology. I started teaching as a supplemental instructor and then taught a couple years of the patho lab. Due to all my random credit hours in the health science department I was able to be the first student at WSU to graduate with an associates in Health Sciences just for kicks after they officially created it in 2005.


I met my AMAZING husband, Julius, in 2003 and we were married in the Bountiful Temple in 2006. He is my best friend and perfect for me! Together we have two beautiful girls- Kaitee is 3 and Sadee is 7 months. We moved back from Ogden in 2008 when bought our first house in Magna! We couldn't be happier! Julius dreams of being a chef and is scheduled to graduate next summer from SLCC Culinary Institute. I work 2 nights a week as a labor and delivery nurse at Ogden Regional Medical Center (which I love!) and teach Childbirth Prep courses on the side. I couldn't have hoped for things to turn out any better!