Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tijs Van Limburg

In the fall of 2001, I began studying computer engineering at the University of Utah, and started my own digital media business producing entertainment such as djing and recording artists, and selling computing equipment. In the fall of 2003, I left on a mission to McAllen, TX and had a fantastic time there. The opportunity arose to learn programming while in the mission office, helping to develop systems the Church now uses in most missions. Once I returned, I began working for eBay where I grew into the role of a database admin, switched my major to Management of Information Systems, and worked on building up my business again by expanding it to include wireless technology.

I loved working for eBay, and had fantastic opportunities including working on a systems analysis project with CEO Meg Whitman. In the summer of 2008, I left eBay to work as the International IT Project Manager at 3form. I traveled Guangzhou, China and Santiago, Chile to set up webservers for our divisions there and train the staff. In 2009, I took a new position as a software designer for 3form, which is my current position there. In 2009 I dissolved my business due to the economy, but plan to have another business going again soon. I am studying toward a master's degree in MIS at the University of Utah. Recently, I started a digital media production group, which submitted its first production to Disney Studios a few weeks ago. You can hear it at http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunities/tron/submissions/55822

Blogs:
http://phystrings.blogspot.com/
http://getoutofthedark.blogspot.com/