Thursday, May 26, 2011

Ashley (Halversen) Rather

After high school I attended Salt Lake Community College and was a member of their dance team. I graduated from there with an associates of Science. In 2004 I married my husband, NH Rather, who is also an alumnus of Cottonwood High School. In 2005 we moved to Kent Ohio where we both attended Kent State University. I also participated on the Dance Team in Kent and coached them for a season after graduation. I finished my Bachelors in Exercise Science with experience in Personal Training, Spinning, and Cardiac Rehabilitation. My husband received his BS in Architecture at the same time. In 2008 we moved to Los Angeles where NH attended USC Architecture School. He got his Masters in 2010. During that time I worked as a personal trainer in West Hollywood and also in a Physical Therapy office in Westwood/West LA. We loved living near the beach! Also during that time I spent a year working on becoming a Pilates Certified Instructor. Last November NH got a job in Salt Lake City and we moved back to good old Holladay, Utah. Although very sad to leave California is was a great thing because I was 4 months pregnant and would be leaving my job soon. Our little boy, Mason, was born on April 17th, 2011 with out much complication and we are so happy to have him!