Friday, April 22, 2011

Joanne (Shaw) Werner

After graduation, I went to the U, where I graduated in 2006 with a BA in History. I spent the 5 years I was at the U raising hell (in general), travelling (Rome, Italy amongst others), speaking for assault victims' rights (after thwarting an assaulter on campus in December of 2002), and running restaurants/bars in Salt Lake (most notably Mo's downtown where I still occasionally put in an appearance). In 2007, I met a Marine who went to West High. We got married and had our first child (Wyatt) in September 2008. In April 2010, our other son (Landon) was born. Since I'd worked as an insurance underwriter since graduating from the U, in October 2010, I decided to use all the underwriting background to begin my own agency. Now that I have a great job, and great employees, I get to spend most of my day at home with my (very) energetic boys. Chasing these two monsters around all day is a far cry from the halls of Cottonwood, yet somehow it doesn't feel like it's really been 10 years.