Thursday, July 14, 2011

Natalie (Newren) Laird

After graduating from high school, I received a full scholarship to play golf for BYU. I spent those four years balancing my collegiate golf career and studies. I was able to play some of the most amazing and beautiful golf courses in the country. I received a bachelor of science in Commercial Recreation Management and a Business minor. I met my husband during my final semester at BYU. I was turning in my mission papers, and we met by chance the day I was sending them in. I received my mission call to Roseville, California. I deferred my mission for six weeks, which allowed me to continue to date Travis, and play in the NCAA National Championships. Needless to say, I did not end up going on my mission and instead married Travis in September of 2005- just a few months after we both graduated. He has promised me however, that we will serve a mission together when we are older. Anyway, life has come at us fast since then. We have lived in Riverton for the past five years. My husband works as a patent attorney in South Jordan. Our daughter, Hailey, arrived in March of 2007. She is four years old, and she enjoys preschool, soccer, dancing, animals, and playing with her little brother. Our son Carter arrived in June of 2009, and just turned two. He loves tractors, trains, tennis, basketball and football. My husband, an avid tennis player, loves the fact that Carter can point out and say “Rafa” and “Djokovic” – both names of top tennis players. We are expecting our second little girl in September of this year. Our kids don’t leave much time for 5 hour rounds of golf, but I still enjoy playing when I get the chance. Life is great.